PHP Introduction Tutorial will explain you About PHP, PHP files, Hypertext Preprocessor, Why PHP? With example.
Recently more people have been building their own websites and so scripting languages have become more important. And also, scripting languages are becoming easier to learn and PHP is one of the easiest and most powerful yet.
- PHP is server side scripting language, capable of generating the HTML pages.
- PHP stands for “PHP: Hypertext Preprocessor”.
- Syntax based on Perl, Java, and C.
- Very good for creating dynamic content.
- If you want to focus on one system for dynamic content, this is a good one to choose.
- PHP is simple for beginner and also provide lot of functionality to the professionals.
- PHP involves:
- Simplicity in scripting (generally using the database).
- Platform independence.
- PHP is:
- Primarily designed for web applications.
- An open source.
- File extension for php are “.php”, “.php3”, “.phtml”.
- PHP scripts are always enclosed in between two PHP tags: <?php ?>.
- Program lines end with “;”.
- PHP files can contain text, HTML tags and scripts.
- PHP files are returned to the browser as plain HTML.
First PHP code
First PHP Program
echo "Hi, this is PHP Script.";
Hi, this is PHP Script.